The term “Sime Darby” or “us” or “we” refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is Sime Darby Berhad, 21st Floor, Wisma Sime Darby, Jalan Raja Laut, 50350 Kuala Lumpur. The term “you” refers to the user or viewer of our website.
Sime Darby reserves the right to amend the terms and conditions of use and the content of this website without prior notification.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to us, are acknowledged on this website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
From time to time this website may also include links to other websites including the Sime Darby group of companies. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. Other than the Sime Darby group of companies’ websites we do not endorse other third parties’ website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked third parties’
- You may not create a link to this website from another website or document without Sime Darby’s prior written consent.
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of this website is subject to the laws of Malaysia.
You are not required to provide any personal data on the public areas of this website. However, you may choose to do so by completing the forms on various pages of this website. We will only use the information you provide to us on these pages in order to process the relevant form. Please see the privacy wording on the relevant form for a more detailed explanation of how your information will be used.
Sime Darby may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to see the changes.
We may collect the following information:
- Name, company name and job title.
- Contact information including address, phone number and email address.
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests.
- Information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers.
- Information necessary to provide you with services offered by Sime Darby.
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service. The purposes for which your personal data may be used are:-
- Internal record keeping.
- To provide services to you
- To improve our products and services.
- To customize this website according to your interests.
- To enable you to provide goods or services to Sime Darby
- To assess your job application
- To administer your participation in any contest/ program related to the public organized by us
- To conduct internal activities
- To send you promotional message and special offers based on your privacy preferences
- To better understand your needs as our customers
- For security and fraud prevention purposes
- For statistical analysis
- For profiling your preferences
- For finance and marketing activities
(collectively "the Purposes")
It is necessary but non-obligatory that you supply us with the required personal data. If you fail to supply us with such personal data, we may not be able to process and/or disclose your personal data for any of the above Purposes.
By submitting your personal data in the various forms in this website and/or that is part of Sime Darby you hereby and authorize consent to us processing (including disclosing) your personal data for the Purposes and/or for any other purposes related to the Purpose.
If you do not consent or subsequently withdraw your consent to the processing and disclosure of your personal data, we will not be able to fulfill our obligations to you in respect of the Purposes and/or for any other purposes related to the Purpose.
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal data in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on this website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes (if applicable).
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal data for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal data to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law. We may use your personal data to send you promotional data about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may at any time after the submission of your personal data to us, request for access, correction to your personal data and/or limit your data processing by writing to us at the following address:
Personal Data Protection Officer
17th Floor, Wisma Sime Darby,
Jalan Raja Laut,
50350 Kuala Lumpur.
We may share your personal data with governmental agencies or other companies assisting us in fraud prevention or investigation. We may do so when: (1) permitted or required by law; or, (2) trying to protect against or prevent actual or potential fraud or unauthorized transactions; or, (3) investigating fraud which has already taken place.
We may also disclose your personal data for all such other purposes that are related to the Purposes for which we originally collected your personal data.
You are responsible for ensuring that the personal data you provide us is accurate, complete, and not misleading and that such personal data is kept up to date.
We may request your assistance to procure the consent of third parties whose personal data is provided by you to us and you agree to use your best endeavours to do so.
It may be necessary to transfer your personal data to companies within the Sime Darby group of companies or service providers outside Malaysia for purpose of fulfilling our obligations to you in respect of the Purposes and also in providing integrated services, maintaining and storing records
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of this website.
Communication, engagement and actions taken through external social media platforms that this website and Sime Darby participate on are custom to the terms and conditions as well as the privacy policies held with each social media platform respectively.
You are advised to use social media platforms wisely and communicate / engage with them with due care and caution with regard to your privacy and personal details. This website nor Sime Darby will never ask for personal or sensitive information through social media platforms and encourage users wishing to discuss sensitive details to contact them through primary communication channels such as by telephone or email.
This website may use social network sharing buttons which help share web content directly from web pages to the social media platform in question. Users are advised before using such social network sharing buttons that they do so at their own discretion and note that the social media platform may track and save your request to share a web page respectively through your social media platform account.
This website may contain sponsored links and advertisements. These will typically be provided through our advertising partners, who may have detailed privacy policies relating directly to the advertisements that they provide.
This website may contain links to enable you to visit Sime Darby group of companies’ websites and other third parties’ websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave this website, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by Sime Darby and whilst we endeavour to keep the information up-to-date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to this website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on this website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of or in connection with the use of this website.
Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of Sime Darby. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
Every effort is made to keep this website up and running smoothly. However, Sime Darby takes no responsibility for and will not be liable for this website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
All copyrights in this website (including text, graphics, logos, icons and sound recordings) is owned or licensed to Sime Darby and shall be protected under the Malaysian Copyright Act 1987.
Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following:
- you may print or download to a local hard disk extracts for your personal and non-commercial use only
- you may copy the content to individual third parties for their personal use, but only if you acknowledge this website as the source of the material
You may not, except with our express written permission, adapt, reproduce, distribute create derivative works from any part of this website or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.
Adobe®, Acrobat® and Reader® are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated in the United States and/or other countries - for further details please see http://www.adobe.com .
Microsoft®, Word®, Excel®, PowerPoint®, and Windows® are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries - for further details please see http://www.microsoft.com .
WinZip® is a registered trademark of WinZip International LLC - for further details please see http://www.winzip.com .
Silverlight™ is a trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries - for further details please see http://www.silverlight.net .